After the coffee infused rum was such a resounding success I continued on the infusion adventure with a trial batch of cardamom infused brandy. I left the cardamom pods whole so it took a week or so to impart the flavor of the spice but I imagine if pressed for time crushing the pods would speed the process or alternately a cardamom simple syrup would also do the trick. But if you are planning ahead 5-10 cardamom pods dropped into a jar and topped with 8 ounces of brandy will in about five days give you enough spicy goodness for approximately ten cocktails.
Cardamom Pear Ambrosia Cocktail
- 8 ounces cardamom infused brandy
- 40 ounces pear nectar
- 1 bottle cava or sparkling wine of choice
cardamom brandy pear nectar
- combine one part cardamom infused brandy with five parts pear nectar (I had intended to make a pear puree but my perfectly ripe pears proved too tempting and were devoured before I had the chance and it is next to impossible to find a perfectly ripe pear in the store, those too take patience)
assemble the cocktail
- Add 3 Tablespoons of the brandy pear mixture to the bottom of a champagne flute (or a cordial glass if your like me and break champagne flutes, especially the delicate expensive one and top with bubbly.
- Garnish with a thin wedge of pear.