I first had a variation of this years ago at a restaurant in Brooklyn. Over the years it has varied depending on the veggies on hand. Always onion. Red pepper only when organic is on sale. I love the combo of flavors and textures. A little creamy a bit of crunch- heat from the harissa, cool from the avocado.
As much as I love my yard and garden, watching the hummingbirds through the kitchen window, the smell of grass and dirt, I miss the city. I miss staying out too late and never eating breakfast at home. Brunch, bagels, coffee in paper cups. My twenties- the years I rarely bought eggs.
Curry Scrambled Eggs
Eggs scrambled with curry powder, sweet red pepper, and onion. Topped with Harissa and cool avocado.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely chopped about 2/3 cup
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 2 tsp vindaloo or other curry powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 TBS greek yogurt
- 1/2 sweet red pepper chopped
- In a 10 inch skillet, over medium heat, melt butter, add onions and saute until onions begin to soften
- mix curry powder with 2 tsp water to make a paste
- add curry paste to onions and stir to combine. Lower heat and continue to cook
- while onions are cooking whisk together eggs and yogurt until throughly combined.
- add peppers to onion mixture and allow to cook for a minute or two. add egg mixture . With heat on lowest possible setting scramble eggs to desired doneness. (Since I use cast iron I turn off the heat entirely once the eggs are almost done)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with cilantro (dill is good too), harissa, and avocado
Tried this recipe?Mention @recipefiction or tag #recipefiction!
Looks delicious! Nice photos!