I had every intention of posting a holiday specific post. Something sweet. Something heart-shaped. But that would be a lie. I have never liked Valentine’s Day. Maybe it goes back to High School when some club or another would sell roses to raise funds. The roses were delivered right before lunch, Fourth Period Home Ec (it was still called Home Ec back then) and it seemed that every other girl in that class was a cheerleader or ridiculously popular or had an adoring boyfriend or all of the above. There were a lot of roses delivered to that home ec room and none of them were for me. Wah wah wah.
There have been years with flowers. One year the mister brought me roses and that night the cat swallowed an entire bloom and then barfed it onto my pillow as I slept. But despite that I just can’t seem to build up any enthusiasm for this particular holiday.
- 1 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce orange Curaçao or other orange liqueur
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 5 ounces hot water
- 1/2 a fresh lime
- 6-8 whole cloves
- tajin rim
- Take a slice of lime and stud it with the whole cloves.
- Shake some Tajin onto a small plate
- Moisten the rim of a heat proof glass with lime juice. Allow to dry for just a moment (it helps the Tajin stick) and then dredge the rim in the Tajin.
- Add tequila, orange liqueur, agave syrup, and juice from the rest of the lime.
- Stir and add studded lime.
- Top with boiling water.
- Drink while still steamy.