I know. Longest title ever. Long title short story. Grapefruit on sale. Three open bottles of gin in the cabinet (gifts, every last one of ’em). Three distinctly different bottles of gin in the cabinet. Is it weird (or too Portlandia-ish)that I sniffed all three before opting for the New Deal Gin 33?
This was yummy, perfect on this sunny days ahead teaser Friday. It will rain again tomorrow so I’ll take the blush and glow today. I liked the Thyme but it did necessitate some chewing. When I make this again I’ll take the time to chop the herbs.
"Old Dog, New Trick" gin and pink grapefruit juice cocktail with thyme and black pepper
- 4 ounces fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice for me this was half of a rather large grapefruit
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 turns fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces gin- or vodka I used New Deal Distillery's Gin 33
- Combine all ingredients and mix well
- Pour over ice and serve with a grapefruit zest garnish
Tried this recipe?Mention @recipefiction or tag #recipefiction!
[…] I want a twist on a traditional cocktail I look in the spice cabinet. Ginger, Pepper, Cardamom, […]