Do you want a commentary about grits or blue cheese? How much I love savory grits? How in NYC I would describe grits as southern polenta and when I worked in Arizona I told people polenta was Italian grits?
Nah?! I thought not.
Accompaniments coming soon.
Savory Blue Cheese Grits
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth or veggie stock if you prefer
- 1/3 cup grits- which ever type you prefer just adjust cook times accordingly
- 1/4 cup cream or half n half or milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese 4 ounces
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese about one ounce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring stock to a boil and add grits stirring constantly until combined.
- Cook covered over medium low heat, stirring occasionally (every three- four minutes for slow cook grits, every 30 seconds to a minute for quick cook) to prevent scorching and clumps. Cook until mixture is creamy.
- Remove from heat and add cream, stir to combine.
- Add the cheeses and stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let rest 3-10 minutes or serve immediately.