this post was created in collaboration with 2towns Cider, while this is a sponsored post it is with product that I believe in with a company that reflects my values. Plus I just really like their cider. The opinions are entirely my own.
This strawberry sangria comes together in minutes so you can make it ahead or make it on the fly. With just the right amount of tart and fruit and sweet it’s perfect for date night or when friends stop by or for when you crave some quality alone time- with cocktails.
Making sangria with hard cider instead of wine creates endless flavor layering possibilities and cuts down the boozy bits just a bit (feel free to add some brandy if this is not a plus for you ).
The best thing about this sangria is that most of the hard work has already been done for you. The strawberry cider adds complex and subtly tart strawberry notes while the orange liqueur amps up the orange and some sweet, plus just a ‘lil bit more booze. So no waiting for flavors to meld, just a quick muddle and cheers!
There is only one of us in this house that likes strawberries (for the record, that’s me) so strawberry flavored beverages don’t often appear and I can’t attest to how this sangria might work with other strawberry hard ciders.
If the 2towns is available in your area (and it’s in season) get it, otherwise I trust you to choose a strawberry cider that actually tastes like real strawberries (if it has a hint of rhubarb like the 2towns more the better!)
If on the hunt for pink romantic delicious drinks here is another you might like
strawberry hard cider sangria
- 1 medium orange blood or otherwise, well washed and cut into wedges
- 4-8 fresh strawberries about 1 cup roughly chopped washed and trimmed and sliced with two to 4 slices reserved for garnish
- 2 ounces orange liqueur of choice
- 1 16.9 ounce bottle of well chilled Strawberry Haze Cider
- In a pitcher or large jar combine the fruits and orange liqueur, using a muddler or long spoon give it a quick muddle, leaving some of the strawberries fully intact for esthetic purposes
- top with strawberry hard cider
- stir to combine
- divide fruits amongst serving glasses
- pour and garnish with reserved strawberry hearts of slices
- if you don’t mind losing the fizz this can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for a day or two