this post was created in collaboration with 2towns Cider, while this is a sponsored post it is with product that I believe in with a company that reflects my values. Plus I just really like their cider. The opinions are entirely my own.
Ginger Cider Slushie? Mango Float? Rum Smoothie? What do you call a cocktail that is a mashup of so many favorite things? If I’m honest this was originally going to be a float but that Ginja Ninja cider was calling me and I just couldn’t wait for the mango to be fully iced. I’m going to write out the instructions like you have more patience than I do (it takes about three hours for the mango to fully freeze) but since it’s friday and you might be eager to get the weekend started I’m also going to include a cheater version and give permission to omit the rum.
alternatives and suggestions for the ginja float
use a ripe mango, I like the tinier champagne mangos but they are more work
or buy frozen mango
or mango sorbet and float the rum on the top rather than combining it in (or you can omit the rum entirely)
the mango sorbet will keep for several weeks or more covered in the freezer so feel free to double or even triple the recipe for later)
I very loosely based the sorbet recipe on this one from a sweet pea chef, it does have step by step pictures
2towns Ginja Ninja is my favorite ginger cider, it is neither overwhelmingly sweet nor gingery. In other words, balanced. Delicious on its own, feel free to adjust the ratio of mango to cider . One to one for a frozen drink slushie or just a scoop of mango for a float or somewhere in between.
This is ongoing collaboration so do check out some of the previous recipes
marionberry cider poached pear
Ginja Mango Rum Float: ginger hard cider and mango sorbet cocktail
- 1 mango skinned and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 ounce dark rum not spiced!
- 1/2 a lime
- 1 500 ml bottle 2towns Ginja NInja
- combine mango, rum, and 1/4 of the lime (about 1/2-1 tsp) juice in a food processor and process until smooth, put in a shallow covered container and freeze until desired consistency is reached – the rum will keep it from getting too hard to scoop
- when the mango rum sorbet has reached your desired consistency or coldness simple scoop 1/4 to 1/2 cup into a 12-16 ounce glass, top with ginja ninja and garnish with a slice of lime
Leave a Reply