• 6 parts hardboiled egg cut in bite sizeor smaller pieces
• approximately 1 part mayo
• ¼ part mustardoptional and amount variable
• 1 part something crunchy- red onionscallion, celery
• a healthy handful of something green-parsleycilantro, chives
• a dash of something pickled- relishcapers, olives, sweet hot peppers and/or a splash of vinegar
• fresh cracked pepper to taste
Combine your ingredients. Today I used homemade mustard, red onion, parsley, and a splash of this delicious fancy vinegar we were gifted. I was going for classic flavors to go on one of the soft and tender potato buns I made last night.
Place on your favorite bread or roll. Soft is best as egg salad likes to squish out. Or skip the bread all together and place salad on a bed of lightly dressed greens like the shredded kale and brussels sprouts.
Add lettuce if desired. There is no lettuce in the house but I wanted a bit more green on my sandwich so I shredded a brussel sprout and a leaf of kale and tossed them with a little vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
An Amazing Egg Salad Sandwich: no recipe required https://www.recipefiction.com/2014/12/amazing-egg-salad-sandwich-no-recipe-required.html