Sunny weekend. Fuel needed for yard work. My usual craving for cheese. I could eat cheese with every meal. Quick forage through the refrigerator. Oh look there’s that half of an avocado that I forgot about.
Perhaps this was extra delicious because it was the first meal of the season eaten Al Fresco- out under the welcoming blue sky, sun on my back, the scents of coffee and fresh-cut grass. If you are somewhere with snow on the ground I’m sorry to flaunt our actual spring. If it makes you feel better it’s supposed to rain all week.
- four slices of bread I used left over black pepper focaccia
- 3 TBS goat cheese
- 1 tsp chopped pickled jalapeno or green chile
- 2 slices of pepper jack
- 3 eggs
- a splash of milk for the eggs if desired
- 1/2 of a large avocado or one small avocado
- fresh cilantro to taste
- Harissa or other hot sauce if desired
- preheat oven to 350
- place bread on rack in oven
- mix goat cheese and chopped jalapeno in a bowl, divide between two slices of the bread- don't try to spread it now, wait until it soften
- place cheddar jack on other two slices of bread
- put bread in the oven
- while bread is lightly toasting and cheese is melting scramble up the eggs
- remove from oven, spread out goat cheese mixture and top with avocado and cilantro, put the eggs on the other half with the cheddar jack adding hot sauce and if you want.
- put it all together and eat while warm