It’s the little things that can bring it all together, a garnish, a side. Of course the big things matter, the entreé is what gives strength and fills us up and helps us carry on but that is a matter of survival. Pickled radishes? They are a matter of style.
Want some things to serve your pickled radishes with?
or perhaps macaroni and cheese layer cake!
a quick, tangy side
- 1/2 cup radishes cut into strips I used french but any variety will work
- 1 Tablespoon minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon diamond kosher salt
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
combine all ingredients in a medium serving bowl
allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving
will keep for several days in the fridge
you could use white wine vinegar or even, in a pinch, regular white vinegar for this but rice vinegar is recommended
double or triple for a crowd