What to do when you are craving comfort but not the usual comforts? Like a much loved sweater in a new bright color, or an upbeat cover of your favorite sad song.
Or a delicious hot beverage that is hot buttered but brighter.
A batter less sweet, a batter less basic, a batter for rum or hot cider. This lemon cardamom hot buttered (rum optional) batter gives comfort and light. An excellent addition to your hot beverage routine.
Lemon Cardamom Hot Buttered Rum Batter
a slightly brighter take on hot buttered rum
- 2 Tsps lemon zest fresh, from one large lemon
- 1 Tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed from that same lemon
- 1/2 Tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP salted butter softened
- 3-4 TBSP light brown sugar
- combine all ingredients until well incorporate
- use about 1 tablespoon of batter per 10 ounce drink
Tried this recipe?Mention @recipefiction or tag #recipefiction!
Like this try this take on hot buttered rum
Or this classic hot boozy beverage
Leave a Reply